- Participate in a brain imaging study at ToNI!
- We are always looking for new volunteers to participate in our research. Studies usually involve a 1-2.5 hour time commitment. Our participants perform different computerized tasks while we take pictures of their brains. We use this data to understand how brain activity supports thoughts and emotions.
- Our MRI machine is very similar to the MRI machines found in hospitals. It uses very strong magnetic fields to take pictures of your brain. This technology has been used for decades and has no known health risks. However, it might not be safe for some individuals to participate in an experiment.
- You should not participate in an MRI study if:
- You have metal implants, such as a pacemaker, cochlear implant, and aneurism clips. Some types of metal implants are safe, such as titanium plates, so you should contact us if you are unsure.
- You are claustrophobic.
- You find it very challenging to stay still for long periods of time.
- You are pregnant.
- If you are interested in more information, fill out the form. A researcher will get in touch with you to give you more information about a specific study.
Participate admin 2017-05-15T15:12:39+00:00